Here most gluten free breakfast ideas are from traditional Chinese/Asian breakfast. Of course you can buy gluten free breakfast cereals and gluten free breakfast bars to settle down your breakfast. But if you want to diversify your breakfast and let it more healthy, you can consider the following ideas.
To tailor your own flavor, you can add western cuisine elements such as olive oil, cheese, vanilla, and other herbs such as thyme, basil, parsley, etc.
1. For porridge lovers. People from north like porridge/congee very much. A bowl of warm porridge at breakfast makes you a very comfortable start in a whole day, especially in winter. Oatmeal is very easy and fast congee, but it's not gluten free food. Now you can try some Chinese style , making grains congee. But this will take at least 40 minutes, or even 20 minutes with pressure cooker. We really don't have so much time in the morning. Further more, some whole grains and beans are so difficult to be cooked. There are two solutions: Rice cooker and Soy milk maker.
a. Rice Cooker.
Choose those that allow you to set time. The previous night before you go to sleep. Wash the grains, put in the cooker, add water, cover, set time. On the second morning you'll have fresh cooked porridge.
Your porridge breakfast should be like this:
Rice porridge + egg + a piece of vegetable + sauce
b. Making use of a soy milk maker at home.
Put soybean, whole grains, and nuts together. 20 minutes later, you can get cooked delicious mixture. I call it soy milk porridge.
You affluent breakfast should like this:
Soy milk porridge + egg + a piece of vegetable + sauce + a tablespoon nut
Here whole grains can be black rice, brown rice, cracked corn, sorghum, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, etc.;
A piece of vegetable can be 2 ribs of celery, tomato, steamed broccoli, a section of daikon (white radish)(you should eat this more.), cucumber, steamed spinach, etc.
Sauce can be tomato sauce, guacamole, hummus, sesame paste, etc.
You can calculate, how many combination can you make in this solution? You can make different breakfast each day almost one year!
2. A piece of Rice vegetable roll + soymilk + a tablespoon nut
The rice can be leftover from last dinner, or cooked in Rice Cooker last night. In the roll, you can add daikon radish, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, celery, bell pepper, etc; and lean meat, fish, egg, etc.
How much combination can you calculate in this solution? You can make different food every morning for almost half a year!
3. Steamed/baked potato + a piece of vegetable + sauce + milk/soymilk + a tablespoon nut
4. Steamed/baked sweet potato + a piece of vegetable + sauce + milk/soymilk + a tablespoon nut
5. Making use of left steamed rice from previous dinner, you can make fried rice on the 2nd morning such as Tomato Fried Rice, Bell Pepper Fried Rice, Mix Veggie Fried Rice, etc.
At the beginning you may feel home made gluten free breakfast is tedious, but after you used to it you'll get lots of benefit from it.
Go to Gluten Free Diet
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!